Abbson Privacy Notice
Last updated: May 18, 2021
Our privacy pledge:
Our commitment is to put our users first. We strive to be transparent about how we collect and use your information, keep your information secure, and provide you meaningful choices. This Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand what information Abbson and its affiliates (“Abbson” “us,” “our” or “we”) collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
Information collection and use:
You are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view our sites. However, when you use certain functions of the websites, such as when you register for certain services, access certain content or features or directly contact us, we may ask you to provide information, including:
- contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number and mobile number;
- username and password;
- information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- search queries conducted on our websites; and
- correspondence you send to us.
Information automatically collected when you visit and interact with our websites:
When you visit and interact with our websites, certain information may be collected automatically, including:
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- your browser type and operating system;
- the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the Site;
- activities within community discussions;
- web pages and advertisements that you view and links that you click on;
- your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer;
- aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing;
- standard server log information; and
- information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms and ad targeting firms), including:
- if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) through our websites, your username and connection lists for those services;
- demographic data, such as age range, gender and interests; and
- unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that we may combine the information that we collect with information we obtain from third-party sources.
Information you provide to us:
We may collect the information that you provide to us. For example, when you become a subscriber, we may collect your first name, last name and email address.
We may use device IDs, cookies and other attributes, including information obtained from third parties, to associate accounts and/or devices with you.
We collect information including IP address, the URL visited and cookies from your devices (for examples, computers, mobile phones and tablets), including information about how you interact with our sites and those of our third-party partners and information that allows us to recognize and associate your activity across devices. This information includes device-specific identifiers and information such as your IP address and cookie information.
Your browser offers "cookies" which, if you allow their use, store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to our websites. Cookies assist us in tracking which of our features you like best. And when you re-visit our websites, cookies can enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. However, cookies tell us nothing about you personally unless you specifically give us additional information.
The following cookies are used on our websites:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of our websites.
You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. However, note that if you reject some or all cookies, your experience on our websites and on other sites throughout the World Wide Web may not be complete. Some sites require cookies to function, such as those with e-commerce features. In addition, if you do not allow cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of personalized content delivery offered by us or other Internet sites.
We have implemented a Google Analytics feature known as Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
How we use this information:
We may use the information that we collect to:
- Send you email communications, such as editorial updates, information about your account or changes to our site and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners’ products and services. If you signed up for one of our email newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested.
- Fulfill your requests for products, services and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the site such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes and message boards.
- Provide, maintain, improve and develop relevant features and content.
- Fulfill your requests when authorized by you.
- Help advertisers and publishers connect to offer relevant advertising in their apps and websites.
- Contact you with information about your account or with marketing messages.
- Associate your activity across our websites and your different devices as well as associate any accounts you may use across our websites together. We may associate activity and accounts under a single user ID.
- Carry out or support promotions.
- Conduct research and support innovation.
- Create analytics and reports for external parties, including partners, publishers, advertisers, apps, third parties and the public regarding the use of and trends within our websites and ads, including showing trends to partners regarding general preferences, the effectiveness of ads and information on user experiences. These analytics and reports may include aggregate or pseudonymized information.
- Combine information we have about you with information we obtain from business partners or other companies, such as your activities on other sites and apps.
- Detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive or unlawful activity.
How we share this information:
Abbson shares information within its affiliated companies. We also share information we have about you for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including to provide services that you have requested. We do not sell, license or share information that individually identifies our customers with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Abbson unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- We will share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Abbson when we have your consent.
- Information may also be shared within Abbson, including with other Abbson-affiliated companies. Abbson-affiliated companies may use the information in a manner consistent with their privacy policies.
- We may access, preserve and disclose information to investigate, prevent or take action in connection with: (i) legal process and legal requests; (ii) enforcement of the Terms; (iii) claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) requests for customer service; (v) technical issues; (vi) protecting the rights, property or personal safety of Abbson, its users or the public; (vii) establishing or exercising our legal rights or defending against legal claims; or (viii) as otherwise required by law. This may include responding to lawful governmental requests.
- If the ownership or control of all or part of Abbson changes as a result of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Information security and data retention:
Abbson has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access, use or disclosure of customer information we collect or store. To learn more about security, including the steps we have taken and steps you can take, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Other important information:
This Privacy Notice applies only to our websites.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to the practices of companies that Abbson does not own or control, or to people that Abbson does not employ or manage. In addition, some affiliated products may have different privacy policies and practices that are not subject to this Privacy Notice.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, so you should check it periodically.
Questions and suggestions:
If you have questions, suggestions or wish to register a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.